Setrak Antoine SETRAKIAN
Date and Place of Birth:1938 Beirut, Lebanon
- 1950-1960 Studied piano, solfege, theory and harmony with Prof. Ernest Chouha in “Ernest Chouha” Music College in Aleppo.
- 1961-1962 Studied piano, harmony with Prof. T. Succar, Mrs. Turkiyeh and Prof. Michel Tcheskinov in the National Conservatoire of Lebanon.
- 1962-1964 Studied in the National Conservatoire of Damascus harmony and composition with Prof. Sergey Schydril.
- 1964-1965 Studied piano and composition with Prof. Gunther Kohl in Jerusalem.
- 1966-1970 In Aleppo and Damascus gave lessons of piano and harmony.
- 1971-1972 Has been invited to “Komitas” Conservatoire of Yerevan to specialize with the following professors:
1) Etvart Mirzoyan – Composition
2) Etvart Baghdasarian – Harmony
3) Krikor Hakhinian – Polyphony
4) Kevork Armenian – Orchestration
5) Elenora Atamian – Piano
6) Aved Derderian – Opera Composition
- 1974-1978 Professor of piano in College Mont la Salle, Beirut.
- 1978-1980 Professor of piano in College des Apotre, Beirut.
- 1980-1985 Professor of piano in Beirut. (personal lessons)
- 1985-1988 Professor of piano and music in the Armenian Theological Seminary of the Catholicosate of Cilicia.
- 1986-1987 Professor of piano and harmony in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
- 1987 -1999 Director and Professor of piano, harmony, composition, and music analysing, in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
N.B. In 1994, Setrak Setrakian has been awarded by the Catholicosate KAREKINE I, the medal of honor St. “MESROB MACHDOTZ”.
In 2007 Setrak Setrakian Registered in Who is Who Armenians Encyclopedia Book – Yerevan , Pages 444 – 445.
SETRAK SETRAKIAN has around 400 Music Compositions